How to Install Contempo theme
Table of Contents
Installation Steps and Options
After you have uploaded and activated your theme, an Installation Wizard will be launched. It will walk you through installation steps and key options. There are two paths you can follow – One-click Install and Manual Install, each of these paths will walk you through all installation steps, but with Quick Install is basically a shortcut:
- Theme Activation
- Choosing a design concept
- Choosing One-click/Manual Install
- Child Theme installation (performed on background for One-click Install)
- Install plugins (performed on background for One-click Install)
- Opt in or out to upload content (simplified for One-click Install)
FAQ: How to Activate My Theme?
To activate your copy of Contempo theme you need to insert your purchase code. The theme is sold exclusively on Envato’s Themeforest marketplace, which is the only place where you can obtain a genuine copy of Contempo theme. You can find your purchase code in the Downloads tab on Envato market, if you are not sure where that is – see this article.
FAQ: One-click or Manual Install?
One-click and Manual Install paths walk you through the same steps, with these differences:
- with one-click install the child theme is always installed;
- with one-click install all plugins the theme recommends are installed;
- with one-click install the whole content will be installed, if you have chosen to install content.
FAQ: Should I Install Child Theme?
You can choose to install a child theme, or skip this step, if you are doing a Manual Install. Installing a child theme will work for you just like having the original theme itself, but will let you to safely apply alterations to theme files, should you want to (though there is no actual need for any theme file editing). In any case, having a child theme installed is usually a good idea.
FAQ: What Plugins Will Be Installed?
During the manual installation process you will be prompted to install several plugins. According to the best WordPress practice, the theme itself carries design, while most of functionality is a plugin territory. Here are some essential plugins your theme will ask to install:
- Elementor – core plugin, carries basic functionality and is needed to install CMSMasters Elementor Addon
- CMSMasters Elementor Addon – carries most of the functionality, is required to import dummy data, design concept settings and to use the theme the way it is advertised
- Custom Post Type UI – admin panel for custom post types and custom taxonomies to create doctors and departments pages
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO – a premium plugin included for free for you, a handy tool that lets you benefit from full post formats and templates functionality
- Forminator – capture user information (as detailed as you like) and engage users with interactive polls, quizzes and knowledge tests
- WPForms Lite – essential tool to create contact forms easily
- SVG Support – upload SVG files to the Media Library and render SVG files inline for direct styling/animation of an SVG’s internal elements using CSS/JS
- Paid Memberships Pro – gives you all the tools you need to start, manage, and grow your membership site
- Paid Memberships Pro – Courses for Membership Add On – a multi-purpose plugin that offers native course functionality for Paid Memberships Pro
- WooCommerce – is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution
- Slider Revolution – premium responsive slider plugin included for free
- oEmbed Plus – ensures Instagram and Facebook embedding works
FAQ: Do I Need Dummy Content?
You can choose whether you want to install dummy content or not. You have already selected the needed design settings by choosing your design concept, and now you can choose one of the two options:
- Skip to start from scratch, not importing any posts, pages, images or other content from the chosen demo website – this gives you a clean install and is a good solution if you are pretty familiar with WordPress and Elementor, and maybe already have lots of posts and pages;
- Import content (dummy content, sidebars widgets, customizer settings) to completely re-create demo website on your installation, and then proceed by editing existing content and adding your own. Best solution if you are pretty new, but is also great for everyone because it can save you a great deal of time, you can add your texts and media, but an overall structure will be ready for you.